Feminist, Anti-Racist, Anti-Oppression Consulting
Eliminating Oppressive Therapy Begins with Us
You’re Here Because:
- You know there’s something wrong with only dedicating 3 hours every 2 years to understanding the struggles of Queer, Transgender, Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color (QT-BIPOC) clients.
- You’re a trauma-informed therapist and you want to know what more you can do to help the trauma faced by marginalized people.
- You want to bring in more QT-BIPOC clients and don’t know where to start.
- You’re ready to take some action, but you don’t know what to do next.
- You want some help from someone who can be supportive, sometimes pushy, and always non-judgmental.
Hi, I’m Dena…
This section used to be full of info about where I’ve worked, where I went to school and what kind of therapy I do. But then I realized you’re not here for all that. You’re here because there’s something going on for you that you need help with. And you want to know if I’m the right therapist to help you.
I am an antiracist, feminist therapist who identifies as part of the LGBTQIA+ community. As an Arab American who was raised Muslim, I know how it feels to be outside the mainstream. As a person with fair skin and a feminine appearance, I know how it feels for my identities to be “invisible.” Because I have white privilege, I am working hard to unpack my racism so that I can do my part to dismantle white supremacy. I have a casual style sometimes punctuated with NSFW language. I’m an over-thinker who never stops learning.
Supervision & Consultation
If you’re ready to start the journey to Independent Licensure, now is the time to find the right supervisor to help you get there.
Because Cultural “Competence” isn’t enough.
When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid. -Audre Lorde